MetroTalk

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Another Push Notification Option

Is there a way you can add the option (check box) to the tile update timer to also download any new messages and have a push notification state that there are new messages? I personally am not a fan of forwarding my messages to your server then to my phone. So I would rather a push notification that I can set to a desired amount of time that notifies me of messages. Even if its not accurate.. Even if it just says new messages and I can go check for it myself. In addition to that a notification timer that…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Even if I was to implement something like you suggest, it needs to be limited to 30 min intervals. That is true for both checking/downloading new messages, and issuing toast notifications. This is simply a limitation of the OS, and as far as I know, there is no way around it. I am not sure whether such solution would still be sufficient for you.

Is there a reason you don’t feel comfortable forwarding your messages to the server? Is it a privacy issue? If you think it will help discussing with you the details of how things work, feel free to email me. The most important thing to keep in mind though is that never, under no circumstances, are your messages stored on the server. Not even as temporary files.

• Support Google's Two factor authentication

Support Google's Two factor authentication

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We would definitely like to eventually support 2-factor authentication. Things are a bit busy now though with the upcoming release of WP8, so I will be honest and say that support may not arrive for a while. In the meantime, you can always use the app, using an app-specific password. If you need help for doing that, feel free to contact us.

Thanks for your understanding.

• add contact page

Just like the pages inbox, sent, texts, it would be nice to have a page for your contacts like the people hub app
        I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice to add, another idea is to add a quick dial page
        Also for the quick dial page, I think it would be efficient to have the favorites always visible even when you are typing a message, I have noticed that one you pick a contact it disappears, having it stay there would be nice, keep up the great work

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Admin →

I like the idea for both the contacts and the quick dial page. Maybe the two could actually be combined, by presenting the quick dial options first, and then the rest of the contacts below, on the same page.

Regarding the favorites panel that disappears, I just wanted to make sure that you know that you can bring it back on whenever you like. Just press the far-right button on the bottom bar. The reason it is designed like this, it’s because I assume that most people send usually messages to just a single recipient.

• Add support for the Metro Emoticons

Windows Phone has a lot of emoticons, and some even "hidden" emoticons. Adding support for these in the text messages seems like a basic feature for any texting app.

191 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)